Sunday, December 31, 2017

January Plans

Welcome back!  

This year I plan to participate in several SALs (stitch alongs) with varying facebook groups.  I am participating in Stitch From Stash, Wipocalypse and many SALs in Stitch Maynia.  Here are my plans for stitching in January.


Stitch From Stash

Stitch From Stash has one SAL for January - New Start, Old Stash. I have chosen to start on Stitches (Mini) - Melanie Delon from Heaven and Earth Designs.
18 count aida
(Apologies for the picture quality, it's a photo of my print out)

I also have decided on some projects that are sort of "focus for a finish" type pieces.  Ones that are further along and closer to being completed, or small and should stitch up quickly.  These will not all be worked on in January, but I am wanting to finish them this year. 

Alice au Pays des Merveilles by Jardin Privée
18 count oatmeal aida

Teacups by Petal Pusher
14 count Chasescape aida from Silkweavers

Cute Kitty
(A free pattern I found quite a while back, cannot remember the designer)
14 count light blue aida

Antique Locks and Keys by Shakespeare's Peddler
14 count DaVinci aida from Picture This Plus
Floss is Equinox from Mo's Sale

Super Mario Bros 3 World 1 by Box Cat
16 count white aida
*I am aiming for a page finish

Friendship Compass by Glendon Place
(facebook exclusive)
16 count chalkboard black aida

Stitch Maynia

Stitch Maynia is where the bulk of the SALs that I plan to participate in come from.  They have several annual SALs that have a suggested sub-theme, and several that occur on the same day each month.

Annuals:
These are the same theme each month, but the suggestion of what to stitch changes.

Christmas All Year Round - Santa Claus
I did not choose a piece that is Santa Claus themed as the only piece that I have with Santa is not fully kitted up.
Ruffles in Red - Joan Elliott
Cross Stitch Crazy Christmas 2016 Issue 222
28 count Helix lugana from Picture This Plus

Halloween All Year Round - Pumpkins
Hallowed Halloween by Angela Pullen Atherton
Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2015
32 count natural light linen

Princess - Your Favorite Princess
I didn't go with the theme for this one either, as I'm not a big princess person, although I do like fairy tales.  The piece that I chose for this is also part of Soda Stitch Fairy Tales Land SAL.
In The Fairy Tales Book... by Soda Stitch
14 count Chasescape from Silkweavers
While most people are starting a new project for this SAL mine is a start from Stitch Maynia in 2016, but it is barely a start.

Fifty Nifty United States
If you've read my introduction then you know that I am not from the USA, I am Canadian.  So I have changed this SAL to be related to Canada.  I will be stitching a Canadian themed/related piece.
Canadian Beauty by Joan Elliott
28 count opal lugana

Temperature
I am doing a single line for each day, 65 stitches.
I started a temperature crochet blanket in 2017 (I'm still catching up on it).  This actually helped me refine my temperature range for 2018, as I had +31 and over, and -31 and over on my original, but we only hit those temperatures a total of 3 times in the whole year, so I decided to take them out.  My method for the temperature is that I usually look it up between 8am and 10am when possible (I work overnight, so that time is equivalent to the evening for me) and I base my temperature on the "feels like" posted on the weather network.  I feel that this is a more adequate representation for my liking.  As I live in Atlantic Canada we see temperatures from a huge range, we get really humid in the summer, often hitting the mid 30s, and we get nasty windchill in the winter, creeping towards -40.
16 count aida
Ranges are in Celcius

Monthly:
These occur monthly, almost always on the same day, with varying themes.

Tour De Designers - Glendon Place
Every month there is a different designer.  January is Glendon Place.  I will be working on Friendship Compass, which was pictured further up in the post.

Full Coverage on the Fifth
On the 5th of every month you work on a full coverage piece.  I chose Super Mario Bros 3 World 1, which was pictured further up in the post.

Work That Wip
On the 15th of every month you work on a previous Maynia start (if you don't have one you just work on a wip).  I will be working on Friendship Compass by Glendon Place.

Year Of Starts
On the 18th of every month you start a new project (it's a twist on the year of starts, where you start a new project every day).  
Butterfly Effect by Felicity Hall
Designer Cross Stitch Projects (book)
32 count crystal DaVinci from Picture This Plus (not what is pictured)

Color-a-day - Aquarius
Every month on the starting date of the Zodiac you stitch the colors associated.  January 20th is Aquarius, with the colors being electric blue and turquoise.  I will be working on Friendship Compass by Glendon Place

Other SALs:

New Year, New Start - Stitch Maynia
A new start for the first day of the new year.
Key To Wonderland from Gecko Rouge
Artist is Shawna Erback
18 count aida
This will be my first Gecko Rouge kit.  The design is retired.

I also had one more project that I was debating on for a new start, but I believe I will give in and start it today.
The Mad Hatter by Mrs Peggotty Arts
16 count aida
(picture is of the black and white printout, chart is full color)


So these are my plans.  I will mention that I am more of a go with the flow/mood stitcher.  I am more about the process of stitching, than the finishes.  Although as listed above I do want to finish certain pieces.  While I like to plan the month out like this, I may change my mind on some pieces, or stitch on ones that are not listed.  Also as you can see, I am a big fan of Alice in Wonderland (5 pieces in this post contain something related), so you will see several pieces over time that are Alice themed.
I also forgot to mention in my introduction that I have an Instagram as well, it is @TheEllyssium .

Happy stitching everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great selection of projects! It's fun trying to keep up with all the SALs, but it gets a little complicated... you might find a bullet journal helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually do have a journal, it's definitely needed to keep track of the many SALs.

      Delete
  2. Lots of wonderful pieces you have! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete